Friday, October 9, 2009

The Moon Is My Chandelier, The Road My Estate


Trevor and I leave tomorrow for both Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park. I havent been in over a decade, which is a shame. I used to go to YMCA camp there every year, which are my last real memories of being in the park. I can already smell the dust, the fresh air, and the pine needles. I'm looking forward to seeing these magnificent trees and this wilderness that exists in such close proximity to Los Angeles.

(Im not even sure if the above picture is in Sequoia. I sorta got obsessed with finding vintage postcards of these giant trees and will put them up in my next post)

Links:

Sequoia & Kings Canyon National Park

Lodging alternatives to camping that are in the park.

Some random guy's hiking blog with good pictures of hiking trails within both parks.


No comments:

Post a Comment