Thursday, October 22, 2009

Leaves In The River



"Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees." - David Letterman

People love to dis California, especially Southern California, on its lack of seasons, or the fact that we don't get these gorgeous displays of Fall foliage like much of the country. While I certainly wish we did get more variation in color and climate, there are definitely areas of California where you can see the leaves change color.

Check out this website: California Fall Color.

Modern Hiker points out that this weekend Southern Californian's can drive as close as Big Bear by visiting this Aspen Grove.

The leaves were just about changing color when I was up at Sequoia two weeks ago. The picture I've included was from the drive down the mountains in between the pine forest and upper foothills area.

I know, I know I still owe pictures and descriptions of the other two days from Sequoia, but that may not happen.

I'll leave you instead with the song and band that inspired the title of this post. Great fall music despite the temperatures in LA creeping up to the 80's and 90's this weekend.



No comments:

Post a Comment