Thursday, October 29, 2009
Friday, October 23, 2009
Thursday, October 22, 2009
- The Lakes Trail, Sequoia (Closes down in Winter)
"Fall is my favorite season in Los Angeles, watching the birds change color and fall from the trees." - David Letterman
Thursday, October 15, 2009
- Moro Rock - A granite dome with a 400 step stairway built in the 1930's. Amazing panoramic views.
- Tunnel-Log - A fallen Sequoia you can drive you car through!
- The General Sherman Tree - The largest living tree in the world! But not the biggest in diameter, that's The General Grant in Grant Grove. On our way back to the car, we saw a black bear!
- Crescent Meadow - This is a beautiful meadow and short hike thats surrounded by a Giant Sequoia forest.
Saturday, October 10, 2009
It's 5 am and I'm packed and ready to go! I kinda feel like a kid at Christmas. Trevor is still in bed because originally I said we should leave at 6 am. The drive takes about 4 hours to actually get to the park. One of my bosses suggested we have breakfast at We Three Bakery, in Three Rivers, CA. I looked up the bakery on Yelp and a few people had some harsh words to say. I guess I'll have to judge for myself.
Friday, October 9, 2009
Trevor and I leave tomorrow for both Sequoia and Kings Canyon National Park. I havent been in over a decade, which is a shame. I used to go to YMCA camp there every year, which are my last real memories of being in the park. I can already smell the dust, the fresh air, and the pine needles. I'm looking forward to seeing these magnificent trees and this wilderness that exists in such close proximity to Los Angeles.
(Im not even sure if the above picture is in Sequoia. I sorta got obsessed with finding vintage postcards of these giant trees and will put them up in my next post)